Thursday, November 19, 2009

Kothimbir Vadi (Savoury Coriander Cutlets)

Kothimbir Vadi, another famous mumbai snacks with coriander leaves as main ingredients...To be frank, before few months back i doesnt even know wat this dish goes for, i dont have that much idea about mumbai foods apart from Pav bhaji..i have heard about this kothimbir vadi and had virtual treats through some of our blogger dears, but never tried at home..Blogging taught me so many things and beautiful regional dishes which were quite not familiar to me before entering to this blogsphere...I crossed this delicious kothimbir vadi dish through Poornima's space, her kothimbir vadi tempted me a lot when she posted the day itself and i bookmarked her post immediately and this weekend i got an opportunity to try out this crispy savoury cakes or cutlets watever we can call them, i really enjoyed making this dish..It was really very flavourful, delicious, crispy and prefect snack even my lil ones loved this crispy snacks with ketchup...Thanks to Poornima for sharing this dish and we just loved it...I slightly changed few ingredients as per my taste else i have followed her recipe goes for...Am sending this mumbai delicacy to RCI-Mumbai guest hosted by Lakshmi , event by Lakshmi& to EC's WYF-Speciality Food..

2cups Coriander leaves (chopped)
1cup Chickpeas flour
1/4cup Rice flour
2nos Green chillies (chopped)
1tsp Ginger garlic paste
1/2tsp Garam masala
1/2tsp Turmeric powder
2tsp Sesame seeds
1tsp Cumin seeds
1tsp Lemon juice
1tsp Sugar
1/4tsp Baking soda
1/4tsp Asafoetida powder
Salt
Oil for shallowfrying

Mix the chopped coriander leaves, chickpeas flour, rice flour, chopped green chillies, ginger garlic paste, garam masala ,turmeric powder, cumin seeds, sesame seeds, asafoetida powder, lemon juice sugar ,salt and baking powder with enough water as a thick batter, grease a flat bottom vessel with oil and pour this thick batter to greased vessel, steam cook for atleast 30minutes and check with a skewer, if its come out clean (i inserted almost everywhere to check out, please do so else u will have some surprise)the batter is well cooked...Keep aside and let get cool..



Unmould and cut into pieces..heat the oil for shallow fry in a pan and fry the vadis on medium heat until they turn crispy..drain the excess of oil with a paper towel..Serve hot with ketchup or any other chutneys as u desire..

27 comments:

Silpa said... Reply To This Comment

yummy,one of my favorites. a regular weekend snack.

chakhlere said... Reply To This Comment

Hey!! You made me crave this so badly!!
My mom used to make this. Yummmmmmmmmmmmy!!

Unknown said... Reply To This Comment

U really make me drool.Nice one Sushma.Sounds interesting and looks so yum..bookmarked!!!nice click.

Anonymous said... Reply To This Comment

I have had this a hazaar times wen I was in Pune..love this to bits..thanks for posting this.

Tina said... Reply To This Comment

Its a new dish to me.....sounds delicious and mouthwatering....

suvi said... Reply To This Comment

this is something my mum would make regularly, so regularly that I got bored of it. Have "re"-discovered it recently, it is almost a staple now when I am entertaining. Never fails to please! Yours looks absolutely perfect :)

Saraswathy Balakrishnan said... Reply To This Comment

Looks so yummy priya..wish to have a bite..

Sh... said... Reply To This Comment

Lovely recipe. I loved the shape and the way its presented..:)

Unknown said... Reply To This Comment

Looks so good, can have it anytime of the day.

Faiza Ali said... Reply To This Comment

Yummy..... looks soo tempting. Would love to give it a try.

Sushma Mallya said... Reply To This Comment

Nice crispy snack to be served with coffee...so delicious and yummy and nice clicks too

Mahimaa's kitchen said... Reply To This Comment

i have tried this before from some other blog.. i am going to try your version next time. paka supera iruku. oats porial ellam panni kalakareenga.

Sarah Naveen said... Reply To This Comment

Wow!!! looks really yumm!!
An interestingly new recipe for me..

s said... Reply To This Comment

they looks so refreshingly different..

Renus Kitchen said... Reply To This Comment

this is a very unique recipe...sound great snack to go with tea...thx for sharing

Nandinis food said... Reply To This Comment

Wow! Very flavorful snack dear! Looks perfect and nice clickpa!

Cham said... Reply To This Comment

I remember seeing somewhere, but never tasted, looks like cake!

Shanthi Krishnakumar said... Reply To This Comment

Its so crispy and crunchy and makes me drool

Suparna said... Reply To This Comment

oh yeah! I 'd seen it at poornima's space too! u've got it exactly like hers yuummmmmmy they look

SE said... Reply To This Comment

yummy..these are delicious!!

Shri said... Reply To This Comment

Wow!Never had this one..But this one is so good, I am sure I can't stop eating them

Ambika said... Reply To This Comment

Wonderful!! I have never had this before, I'm sure the coriander gives this a distinct flavor, that I love..nice and healthy snack!

Gita Jaishankar said... Reply To This Comment

This is a new dish for me Priya...looks tasty...makes a healthy evening snack :)

Menaga Sathia said... Reply To This Comment

புதுசா இருக்கு இந்த குà®±ிப்பு.வடை à®°ொà®®்ப நல்லாயிà®°ுக்குப்பா.செய்துட வேண்டியதுதான்.

Jeyashris Kitchen said... Reply To This Comment

looks yummy.and sure will taste yummy.innovative too

my kitchen said... Reply To This Comment

Tempting vadas,want to try soon

EC said... Reply To This Comment

Although I have heard of this, never tried it..looks delicious..thanks for participating